Our MISSION is to advocate for healthy initiatives and enhanced quality of life in Jo Daviess County though research, education, and public engagement with individuals and organizations. We will accomplish this by:
- Providing accessibility to quality health initiatives for people of all ages
- Promoting nutrition, physical activity, and related educational programs to our residents
- Create change strategies that educate, create and sustain healthier communities and make the healthy choice the easy choice
- Advocate for healthier alternatives in preventing obesity and reducing chronic disease related factors associated with poor nutrition and sedentary lifestyles
Our VISION is a vibrant and healthy population participating in meaningful and sustainable comprehensive wellness initiatives that are looked upon as a model of efficiency.
The VALUES we encourage are Diligence, Professionalism, Respect, Empathy, Inclusiveness, and a Sense of Regard for Diverse Life Challenges. Our success is measured by growth in:
- overall community health awareness
- number of health oriented programs offered
- public participation in health initiatives
4:15 p.m., Health Department. Check the calendar
for exact details.
January 17, 2017
March 21, 2017
May 16, 2017
July 18, 2017
September 19, 2017
November 21, 2017
Hypertension/Cholesterol Screening - 2018 schedule
Rural Obesity Toolkit HRSA's Office of Rural Health Policy (ORHP) is pleased to announce the release of a Rural Obesity Toolkit|
Community Health Gateway on the Rural Assistance Center (RAC) website ORHP has been working with the National Opinion Research Center (NORC) to develop evidence-based toolkits for the Community Health Gateway located on the Rural Assistance Center (RAC) website. The first one focused on community health workers and we are pleased to announce the release of the obesity toolkit. We encourage you all to view the information and share them with your grantees and other partners
Sustainability Tools These Planning for Sustainability tools were developed by the Georgia Health Policy Center/Georgia State University. They provide technical assistance for some of our programs and they have developed these extremely valuable resources for rural organizations. Please view and share them as well.
Jo Daviess County Obesity Coalition May 2010