Tips for a Less Stressful Shot Visit
Infant Immunizations FAQ
Five Important Reasons to Vaccinate Your Child
HPV Vaccine is Recommended for Boys
Jo Daviess County Health Department
Children Immunization Program
• The Vaccines for Children (VFC) Program is provided through federal funding for children meeting the following eligibility requirements: a) enrollment in Medicaid or All Kids; b) child without health insurance; c) is an American Indian or Alaskan Native; or d) is under-insured (health insurance does NOT pay for immunizations).
• Jo Daviess County Health Department (JDCHD) Immunization Program charges a $20.00 fee per person per clinic visit and a $7.00 administration fee for each immunization administered.
• The vaccines that are currently available for children through 18 years of age are: Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus (DTaP), Polio, Pneumococcal, Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Haemophilus Influenza Type B (Hib), Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap), Chicken Pox (Varicella), Meningitis , Rotavirus and Flu.
• Clients who are covered by All Kids/Medicaid Insurance will need to present verification of insurance and All Kids/Medicaid will be billed for fees. Individuals who do not have insurance are encouraged to apply for IL All Kids/Medicaid before scheduling appointments. All Kids insurance applications are available online at www.allkidscovered.com.
• Clients whose insurance does not cover immunization can pay by cash or check. Please check insurance plans for coverage prior to scheduling. No client will be refused due to inability to pay.
• If the parent is unable to accompany the child, all necessary paperwork and permission can be found in the sidebar on the right of this screen. The completed and signed forms must accompany the child to the appointment. Parents may also stop at the Health Department in advance of the appointment and complete the necessary forms.
• Eligible persons are asked to call to schedule an appointment at scheduled clinics but walk-in services can be provided on a limited basis.
Please call the Jo Daviess County Health Department if you have any questions at (815) 777-0263.
Please call for an appointment.
815-777-0263 or toll free 1-877-777-0263